Our mission is to inspire and support Northlanders to be active in the care and kaitiakitanga of our environment for the wellbeing of Te Tai Tokerau.
There is already significant kaitiakitanga and action being undertaken by iwi / hapu, communities and agencies in Northland. We aim to add value and additional support.
To achieve our mission, we will:
- Develop shared goals for Northland’s environment and people
- Work in partnership to collaborate, connect, add value, enable and empower communities to deliver priority projects
- Recognise that the land sustains us, and that people and nature are intertwined. The value of nature to people – economically, socially and culturally – will underpin all our work
- Work where the environment needs a hand – and harness local passion
- Build capacity for communities to lead and carry out their own work
- Add and build resources – be a source of practical, strategic and financial support – and attract others to invest in Northland
- Work towards a community-owned, financially sustainable, 50-year programme